If you are looking to improve the efficiency of your manufacturing operation, this interview by Ryan Hildebrandt of Plant Clarity and OEE author and consultant Robert Hansen, will highlight the financial link to OEE data and help you avoid common pitfalls when starting to monitor OEE. Robert is the author of “Overall Equipment Effectiveness: A Powerful Production/Maintenance Tool for Increased Profits” and has helped numerous factories implement an OEE monitoring and continuous improvement strategy.
In the interview, Robert and Ryan cover:
- A quick back-of-the-napkin calculation to show you whether your operation is right for OEE monitoring
- How to ensure there is buy-in and excitement for monitoring OEE at each level of your organisation
- Why collecting OEE data manually (rather than with an automatic link to the machines) may be a waste of time
- If you’re already monitoring OEE but haven’t seen any results, what you may be doing wrong
- What profit increases you should be seeing as a result of monitoring OEE (and what to do if you’re not)
The interview is broken down into 10 questions, and therefore 10 short video segments, in the playlist below.